Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Way to a Man's Heart is Through his Stomach

At this moment, I am pretty stoked right now. Why you may ask? Well, it's because I tried something new for dinner and my husband totally loved it! One might be thinking this is totally lame. But to me, I find it satisfying. I have been wanting to make mini pizzas for a while now. Since I have a food allergy to dairy, eating my favorite food has been depressing. However, I got the idea of using pitas as a crust (since there is no dairy in pitas) and of course going without cheese on my pizza. When I presented this idea to John to see if that is what he wanted for dinner, he didn't look too thrilled, but agreed that mini pita pizzas would be okay for dinner tonight. I got some of our favorite toppings: pineapple, olives, peperoni, mushrooms and broccoli. I created the pizzas and ten minutes later, out came some good looking pizzas. At this point, I was still a little worried that John wouldn't like the pizzas, but I was wrong. He totally loved them! I just love it when he enjoys my cooking. He also complimented on my cooking last night, which we had steak, asparagus and avocado.

When I cook...and others like my cooking, I get full satisfaction, especially when I don't follow a recipe and I just create. I never knew that I would feel this way after I get the thumbs up after dinner. In the last five years of marriage, I have gotten more thumbs up than down. From the beginning, I asked John to always tell me when I didn't make something very tasty. I didn't want to be lead on and certainly didn't want to continue making the same dish when all along he didn't like it. At first, I assumed that I would get a lot of thumbs down, but to my surprise, I wasn't that bad of a cook from the beginning. Yes, I have improved, but at least we didn't eat burnt dinners every night of our first year of marriage. :)

 As a wife, I always want to make my husband happy. I am so glad that feeding him with good food isn't that hard for me to achieve. Feeling satisfied is such a good feeling, especially when it's from your spouse. I am so glad that every night, I am able to have the chance to make my husband happy and feeling like I did a good deed.

I am looking forward to all of the new food ideas to come and the satisfaction I will get after I put a great meal in my husbands tummy.

2 comments:

  1. my favorite recipe site is http://allrecipes.com/ and I recently discovered a new one http://101cookbooks.com/

    Not that you were asking for sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparkle is a good site too for recipes.

    ReplyDelete