Thursday, March 31, 2011

Soul Surfer

Tonight, I got the honor of seeing the inspirational movie "Soul Surfer" before it is released to the general public on April 8th. This movie is AMAZING! I am a little biased though because I love Hawaii and I love surfing, but this movie really spoke to me and I feel like I could really connect with the story.

Some of you may have heard of the young surfer girl from Hawaii who's arm got bitten off by a shark a few years ago. Her name is Bethany Hamilton. She has been an inspiration to many all over the world, and as of now, I feel inspired by her actions and her faith in God.


When something major and awful happens in our lives, we often ask or even blame God for the incident and wonder why he would plan for that event to happen in our lives. I have experienced a traumatizing event in my life. Afterward, I did wonder why I had to go through such trauma. Why me I asked? But after a while, it occurred to me that God wants me to use that situation into something positive.


This is what happened to Bethany. She was confused at first why she had to encounter such trauma and hardship. But she realized she had a gift, and she used her situation to inspire others. We learn to never give up and to have faith in God.

This is a must see movie. I was thrilled with the fact that it had a lot of well known actors (Dennis Quaid, Hellen Hunt, Craig T. Nelson, Carrie Underwood, and Kevin Sorbo) are involved in a movie where faith and God was praised and encouraged.

Go See It! April 8th!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the clip! I didn't know what that movie was about. I do remember reading about her awhile ago. The movie looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good. I think anyone, especially believers would enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete