This week has been killer. I don’t really know how I made it
to Friday. It was the shortest, yet longest work week ever. The hubby and I
have felt sick and run down all week. I guess our weekend trip to Oregon really
took it out of us.
Besides feeling sick with a cold, this week has been hard…harder
than last week. As of Thursday, I am 26 weeks. It’s like on Wednesday night as
I was sleeping, my body got more possessed and I woke up on Thursday with a new
set of pregnancy issues. In the last couple of days, I’ve experienced some
really hard baby kicks that have put me in tears, tender ribs, my back hurting
because my belly is heavy and today I have carpal tunnel in my right hand. Oh, and let’s not forget the burning hot lava
in my esophagus. I’ve been having heart burn for a while, but I didn’t realize
it could get worse. One weird thing that happened the other day was when I was
sitting, I was feeling the side of my belly. All of a sudden, I felt a body
part, like a foot or something…and it moved. Eww. I’m just beginning my third
trimester and I get it when they say the second trimester is the easiest. I’m
starting to have a lot of anxiety about my body. If I’m already this
uncomfortable now, how will I feel next week or a month from now…and 3 months
from now? Help.
Other than the rapid body changes, things are still doing
well. Like I mentioned, we went to Oregon last weekend because my sister hosted
my baby shower. I felt so honored to have her organize it and she put so much
effort into it. Not a lot of people came, since it was Memorial Day weekend,
but in a way, I’m glad I didn’t have a big group because I don’t do well with
big groups. However I do wish more family could have come, but when you have
family all over the country, it’s hard. We got some really cute stuff and I can’t
wait until the stuff we got arrive from Oregon.
While I was busy with the baby shower, my hubby went fly
fishing with his BFF. I’m still amazed at how the guys swindled their way to
having a 2 day fishing trip when the original plan was a 1 day fishing trip. Oh
and not to mention the wives were pretty much ignored the whole weekend too,
but I’m going to let it slide since my hubby doesn’t get to hang out with a
good friend or go fishing that often. Plus when you have been married for 8
years, stuff like that doesn’t get to you as much. Though no matter how long
you have been married, you hope your hubby is just as excited about you as he
is about fly fishing and hanging out with his BFF. When you’re pregnant, stuff
like that can get to you.
In 3 weeks we will be going on our last out of state trip
for the year. We are going to Las Vegas for a wedding. Can you just imagine? Me
at 8 months pregnant in the hot desert? Should be a blast. After we get back
from Vegas, it will really be crunch time until the baby comes. We will be
taking a child birthing class and finishing up the last few things that need to
be done around the house before our lives change forever. I’m starting to panic
knowing that 3 months is going to fly by, but knowing I/we have a lot of
support helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment