So today I entered my third trimester. I can’t believe I
have 3 months to go until I give birth, yikes. Knowing that babies come when
they want and a baby is considered full term at 37 weeks, I’m figuring I should
have everything ready to go at the beginning of August just in case baby
Jonathan wants to come at 37 weeks, which would be mid-August. So really, I
have about 2 months to get everything done. We still have a lot to do!! We are
still working on the nursery and up keep around the house. It seems that every
weekend we are busting our hump with something at home, like the lawn, cleaning
and organizing and painting.
Last week we were able to buy a few things for the nursery,
like a crib and a bed set. My owl nursery is coming together and it’s starting
to become official. The colors of the nursery is light yellow, brown, blue,
green and gray. Now I can focus on decorating and making the room cute and
cozy. We are still in need of some items, so if you want to check out our
registry, that would be great. We are registered at Target http://www.target.com/c/baby-registry/-/N-564tn and Walmart http://www.walmart.com/babyregistry
I am amazed at all of the baby gear that is out there. I literally
got sick and had to leave when I went to Babies R Us one time because I was so overwhelmed
with everything they had. There have been times where I've had to stop and
think, what did our parents do? In the 80’s there wasn't a zillion types of bottles,
car seat and stroller choices. Then there is a list of recalls and items that
was considered safe, but now dangerous to babies. It’s way too much to take in and we have had
to think realistically what would be best for us in the long run.
Not only am I trying take care of the baby and get things he
will need, but I also have to think about what I will need postpartum as well. I
mean, this is my first time having a baby and I don’t know what to expect, but I
know it’s not going to be pretty. I don’t want to wind up finding myself
without the necessities that I know I am going to need to be able to recover
from delivery. What necessities did you find helpful when you were recovering
from labor/delivery?On top of that, I have to develop a birth plan, which I
think will be easier once we take our birthing class next month and we get to check
out the maternity ward and learn about whatever we need to know about labor and
delivery. Then I have to get all of the paperwork for the hospital finalized
and well as finding a pediatrician before I go into labor. So many things to do
just to have a baby!
This experience sure has been a learning one for sure, but
also exciting. It doesn't seem like I am 7 months along. This year has flown by
really quickly and I know the next 3 months will be here before I know it. Then
we can think about baby #2! HA HA HA.
make sure you and your doctor are one the same page. I took birthing classes but when it came to delivery my doctor ended up being in charge. I wanted to do it a particular way and the doctor said those teachers didn't know what they were talking about. I just said "okay" and went with the doctor. It turned out just fine. But if you want a particular birth plan - get the doctor on board! I know many women who home birth. That wasn't for me - but they wouldn't do it any other way.
ReplyDeleteYeah, i would never go to a birthing class again. I did for Kate but i didn't with Lily.
ReplyDeleteI would say...less is more. Don't plan so much or think to hard. I will say the one item i loved after birth was the little squeeze bottle they sent home with me to cleanse the stitches. Oooooo !
Anything you find you need and don't have....John can go get. Just hold that baby, squeeze him, nuzzle him.....He can do without almost everything else