Have you ever been confused about your life? Lost motivation and do not know where you are heading? Yeah, me too! The last few months for me have been hard. I have been fighting life. It seems as nothing is working out and I have to fight every minute just to make it through the day. I have been battling anger, depression, stress and anxiety. It has not been fun and I often feel like there is something wrong with me because I can't get out of this funk. I am usually good about pin pointing the real trigger, but so far I have nothing.
So what is causing this big stir inside of me?
Could it be all of the change that has happened in the last year and it has caught up to me? Is it because I felt like I was screwed over in grad school and had to put off graduating for the second time? Or is it because I am homesick and whenever I see or talk to my family, I am reminded that I really do have parents and a sister and they are more than just a photo on Facebook or a voice on the phone.
Even though these past few months have been hard, I know that for whatever reason, there is some good that will come out of it. Maybe I am meant to deal with some terrible things that have happened to me in the past and even though I thought I have dealt with it, maybe I haven't to the full extent. Or maybe its a wake up call to really do self care and to take life my slowly, as I am a very impatient person. :)
Whatever it is, "if you have a faith as small as a mustard seed, nothing will be impossible for you" Matthew 17:20. I am confident that God will help me work through these tough days and that I will be able to overcome these challenges.
nice read
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing what God does through you and in you because of the trials.
ReplyDeleteI went through something similar not too long ago. It seemed like everything I tried to do to "fix" what was going on failed. I spent a good amount of time trying to understand what I had to do to let God work in me and through me. I feel like the only thing that worked was when I realized that I couldn't really change where I was, but I could change how I looked at it. I was remembering this song "his love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me" as I read through your post.
ReplyDeleteA favorite verse of mine is Jer 29:11-14 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
I think we just have to cling to what we know and believe. That God is always good, and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
I'll be praying for ya!
I love that song and I love that verse. I will have to admit that I feel like I really haven't given my troubles to God. Yes I pray, but not really PRAY and let it go. Now, I will. :)
ReplyDelete