Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hearing Double


"Prepare for twins..." is something I heard whispered in my head not too long ago. Since then, I've seen countless pairs of twins, equipment for twins, articles about twins and seeing doubleon the clock, i.e. 11:11, 12:12, 2:22, etc.

Now, I believe God speaks to us in interesting ways. For example, before I met my husband (John), it seemed that every guy I met at work or school was named John. Before we moved to Texas, I kept hearing about Texas and sure enough, we moved to Texas a few months later. So you can probably understand when I heard about the voice telling me to prepare for twins caught my attention. :)

Obviously I don't know what the future holds. I/we feel ready to start the next chapter in our lives...kids. We have been together for 8 years and married for 7 years and have the bulk of our education out of the way and financially able to bring in a little one (or two).

I can't wait to be a mom, but yet nervous and scared, especially since now we are at that point of really trying for one. Last year when we were "seeing what happens," I really stressed out and got disappointed every month the test said negative. Then I would get to thinking that there was something wrong with me, even though the doctor said I looked good and healthy. I actually welcomed the forced break we took this year because of the cruise we are taking in December and you can't be in your third trimester or bring a baby on board while crusing.

It seems that getting pregnant is harder than our health teachers in high school lead on. It also seems like the most stressful thing...ever. I have heard so many horrible things about pregnancy and the worries that come with being pregnant. Though I appreciate hearing other peoples experiences, the stories are becoming overwhelming and make me even more stressed about the process.  I am now worried about having a miscarriage, bleeding, ripping, my baby having 3 eyes and 2 toes...the list  goes on and on. 

This time around, I am going to really let God in control. I feel that if I wasn't meant to be a mom, then God wouldn't have given me the desire to be a mom. I know God will protect me and my baby and that I don't need to fear. 

So, now we wait. It could be this month, next month or a year  from now. I am really excited and I know John is too. Keep us in our prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment