Monday, August 26, 2013

Sister Time

Last Sunday instead of complaining about how fast John usually drives, this time I was telling him to hurry up as we were headed to the airport to pick up my sister who was coming to visit us from Oregon. I hadn't seen her in a year and I have been "sister sick," so I was really excited to see her and spend a whole week with her.

Last week was so fun. We went shopping, swimming, went to the zoo, watched movies, she did my hair and talked about life. We definitely got to have quality time together and I realized how similar we were. Usually I think I am the only one that makes odd sounding hiccups or laughs at their weirdest things, but now I know that my sister does the same thing. Its like I have discovered that I am not alone in my weirdness. Its refreshing. 

The day I was dreading came. Friday morning I had to take her to the airport  before I went to work. I have a love-hate relationship with airports, especially DFW because I have cried so many tears there in the last year because someone I love is leaving or I am (temporary) leaving them.  I told myself I had to keep it  together, which I did (sort of). I gave my sister a hug and then lost it when I saw her enter the airport and went up the escalator. In fact, I have been a mess the last four days because I didn't want to see her go and I wish she was still here.

I wish that she was living in Texas and we could see each other more. I know Texas is not the best place in the world. Believe me, I wish I lived on the West Coast, like California where there is palm trees and beaches, but that's another story (and I will eventually make it to Cali one day:) I have talked her ear off about it and while she was here, I told her how "glamorous" Texas was (HA!) and tried to introduce her to cute guys. :)

I want nothing but the best for her. She deserves nothing but the best and she deserves to be treated like a queen. Though we are nine years apart and at age 22, I know that its hard to move half way across the country to live with an old (31) year old big sister that is boring and has 3 crazy dogs and a husband. :) But big sisters know best, right?!? 

So we will see what happens. I just hope she had as much fun as I did and I hope she misses me too. I can't wait to see her in a couple of months, especially on our Christmas cruise!:)

This is us being crazy and weird. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment