A couple of days ago, a really good friend told me something
that really shook me up. I am honored that my friend came to me and told me
something they have been struggling with and I believe our friendship will be
better than ever now, but what they told me has caused a stir in my heart and
my emotions. At first I was okay with what they told me, but as the shock wore
off, I felt hurt, betrayed, and disgusted. It was like my wounds were tore open
again and the hurt I have had stored deep down inside resurfaced again.
I have known this person for a long time, but I have always
thought there was something going on in my friends heart and spirit. I have
taken a few guesses as to what it could be, but when asked, my friend always
denied it. For years, I have always put it to God knowing that he would take
care of it and when and if the time came for my friend to come to me and share
their story, I would be there to listen and help this person get through their
struggle.
I am thankful that the time finally came. I know what it is
like to keep a deep dark secrete and it can really make an impact on you
physically, emotionally and spiritually. I am glad that I can help my friend
try to overcome their struggle. I admit it has been hard because I am dealing
with my own hurt and I don’t really have anyone to talk to about this, so I
have to process my feelings on my own. I have asked for prayer and of course I
have prayed myself and that is helping. I have known this person forever and I
have admired my friend and love them, but I’ve also had a slight hatred because
of this person’s actions and the hurt they have caused me in the past. I now
feel that all of the hurt that I’ve had stored in my heart can finally be
healed because the truth has come out and my friend has finally been honest
with me.
I know that it will take time to restore our friendship and
to fully trust again, but the hard part is over and now it is the time for a
fresh start with our friendship. Even though I am going through my own
struggles, God must think I am the right person to help my friend though this.
So I am taking this task seriously. I am excited about this and I can’t wait to
see what lies ahead in our friendship. I just hope that this person continues
to be open and honest with me. I think that is my only fear with this whole
situation. They have already taken accountability, but will they always be accountable
and share with me when and if they fail?
A verse that has really helped me this week is “We know that
all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the
called according to his purpose” Romans 8:28. His purpose for our trials is
often times to bring us towards him and to surrender to him. Not only is he
reshaping my friend, he is also reshaping me to be better in all areas of my
life.
I know all of us face trials in our lives. We all hate
trials, but even though we all wish we never had them, I know that I wouldn’t
be strong in my faith. I know that I wouldn’t be a strong woman and I know that
I wouldn’t be in the position to help my friend go through something
challenging. So as weird as this sounds, I am glad to be a part of this
challenging time in my friends life and my life. God will reshape both of us to
be better than we ever were.
No comments:
Post a Comment