Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mom & Dad

Thank you, Mom
Thank you, Dad
Three small words.
So much to add.
For all your love
and your support
a million words
would be too short.
The words, "I love you"
seem too few
to express the love
I have for you.
-anonymous

I have really great parents! I am lucky to still have both parents that are STILL married and are still in love. Growing up, I remember a lot of my friends having divorced parents and having to take turns every other weekend. I am so glad that I didn't have to go through that growing up. My Mom and Dad are the best. They have always been there for me and has supported me through thick and thin. 

My Dad is one of the hardest workers I know. He is always working (which does have it's downsides), but he know he is the leader of the Wolff pac and needs to support us as a family. I admire my dad's ambitions and his talents as a businessman, a woodworker and of course a husband and father. The older I get, the more I see my Dad in myself. We have a lot in common, such as: our mysterious facial expressions, hard working, traditional, having strong morals and values and being picky about what's appropriate to see and hear on T.V., movies, etc...(note, we were not allowed to watch rated R movies growing up. In fact, it took begging and pleating to even watch PG 13 movies!).

Even though I did not agree at some of the things dad didn't let us do or see at the time, I now see reasons why he thought the way he thought or acted the ways he did. He is a protector of his women (Mom, Erin and me). There needs to be more dad's like mine. Dad's who are honest, honorable, has integrity, respectful, faithful, and loving.

My top 10 memories of my Dad:
1. Wresting
2. Rescuing a skunk
3. Teaching me how to drive
4. Forgetting to pick me up one day after school in 2nd grade
5. Recording a commercial on the radio
6. Teaching me how to tie my shoes
7. Going to Huntington Beach, CA
8. Going to Las Vegas, NV and going on top of the Stratosphere
9. Basketball
10. Walking me down the aisle at my wedding and doing our special hand shake

My Mom is a very special woman. I admire her strengths and talents. I have seen many dynamics of my mom growing up. I've seen her in a professional setting, as a student and a stay at home mom and taking care of us kids. I always loved coming home from school and knowing my mom would be home. It was comforting to know that she would be there, especially when it was a tough day at school. My Mom sacrifices a lot for our family and I have never heard her complain. One of the things I am most proud of is that my Mom graduated college last year and made history in the family. She is the only family member in her family that has a college degree! Go Mom!

I also see a little bit of my Mom in myself. Again, we are hard working, loving, creative, and smart. My Mom is the 'strong tower' in the Wolff pac and I am so grateful that I have a wonderful Mom that has always been there for me and has taught me valuable skills and lessons that a girl should experience from their mothers. 

My top10 Memories of my Mom
1. Girl Scouts
2. The Adventurous/Back packing/cycling trips
3. Scrapbooking
4. Wedding dress shopping
5. Band concerts
6. Shopping
7.Talking on the phone
8. Graduation
9. Being in the parades
10. Camping


I love you Mom and Dad! Thank you for everything! XOXO





2 comments:

  1. Thank you Denise, Words can not express how I am feeling right now. We are so blessed to have you as our daughter. Your dad and I praise God for allowing you to be a part of our lives. We love you.

    ReplyDelete