Monday, October 28, 2013

Grad School: The End is Near...

I just sent off my thesis to my professional editor. Which means that I am almost done with grad school. At least I think. I got a couple of more hoops to jump through, but nonetheless I am almost done. Thank goodness because I am really tired of being in college. I am ready to close the next chapter in my life and actually say I have a masters degree! 

I have had some struggles through the last few tasks of this project. The thesis project was one of the hardest challenges I have had in school. Well, next to statistics and spanish, but that was in my undergrad, so that doesn't count. :) 

My passion has always been victims of crime ever since I been a victim of crime eleven years ago. That moment changed my life and is the reason why I am here today. For my project, I developed a statewide directory of all the agencies and organizations that work with victims in Oregon. This resource is much needed and as far as I know, its the first one of its kind! I also think my project is heading to a distributor and will be revealed at a few of the big statewide conferences in Oregon. It is still in the works, so I am excited to see what happens in the end. 

Even though this project has been a pain, I have recently gotten a lot of compliments on how I have done a great job and how I have overcome many obsticles. I just hope the the resource I have created will really be used and can help victims overcome their obsticals as well. 

And for the record, I am never going back to school again. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment