The beach is one of my favorite places to be. I love how the sands feels in between my toes, the sun shinning on my face, the sea shells you find, the ocean waves crashing and looking out in the distance and knowing that the ocean connects with a foreign land. The beach is a relaxing place for me. I love all of the sounds it has to offer. I am amazed how beaches are different in all locations. I have been to beaches in Hawaii, Florida, Bahamas, Mexico, California, and Washington and each one has been unique in their own way.
Last weekend we were in Newport, Oregon. The weather was great. It was sunny and warm. It wasn't windy or raining (like usual). My sister found 4 full sand dollars, which is rare (at least for us). The surf was perfect. If I had a wet suit and a surfboard, I would have been out in the ocean having fun. Instead, I watched the other surfers hang ten.
My dogs also love the beach. Riley and Katie ran, played and of course they went into the water. Riley did most of the swimming. He followed me out into the water. I was only about knee to quad deep (as the currents were a little strong and didn't feel like making the news of getting swept out to sea). It was so cute to see him jump over the waves and one time he rode in with one.
I am thankful for the beach/ocean and what it has to offer. I can't wait until the next time I get to walk barefoot on the sand and explore what the waves washed up to shore.
Pictures taken by (and are property of) Erin Wolff



No comments:
Post a Comment