Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Weekend with Mom

Last weekend was so much fun. My Mom came to visit as I wasn't really looking forward to another weekend hanging out at home by myself. I was in need of some mother-daughter time, especially since I don't get to see her since she (and my dad and sister) live 5 hours away. I also got to see my Dad for a couple of hours as well, so that made the weekend even better.

One would ask, "what did you and your mom do?" Well, we didn't do much...just went to the mall 3 times!!! LOL. It was awesome. It was so fun looking through all the stores and trying on clothes and just being a girl. Something that's hard to do when it's just the hubby and I don't really have any other friends to be "girls" with.

It was also nice having someone to talk to. Yes, John listens, but he's different. He's not Mom. It was really hard when it was time for her to go home. I really didn't want her to leave. I miss my family so much. I miss mom-daughter time, sister-sister time and dad-daughter time. I guess there is a reason why we live apart, but I just wish that it was easier to get together and have more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment