Friday, December 6, 2013

This & That

What a week it has been. It is hard to believe that this time last week we were on a plane flying back to Texas from Oregon. It was hard for me to come back. In fact, when we boarded our plane in Portland, I was crying because I didn't want to leave. Well,come to think of it, I was teary eyed the whole time we were in Oregon. I really miss clean air, mountains, the beach, good coffee and of course my family and friends.

I also got to defend my thesis project while I was there. This was huge because I have been working on this project for over a year and now. This was my last step in receiving my Masters degree in Conflict Resolution. For my project, I developed a victim service directory for the State of Oregon. It is a 127 page document that can be used among all of those who work with victims of crime. The Restorative Justice Coalition of Oregon was really impressed by my project that they want to publish the directory on their website and give me credit for the work. They also want to take it over so that they can keep it updated for future use. This means so much to me and it feels good to be recognized for hard work.

In two weeks, we will be going on another vacation. Usually we don't do this much traveling, but I think we deserve some R&R, especially since we haven't had a vacation since 2008. We will be taking a cruise to the Western Caribbean. We have taken two cruises before, but this year my parents and my sister will be going with us. It will be their first time on a cruise. I hope they like it. I am excited to travel and experience new and exciting places.  

This morning we woke up to 2-3 inches of sleet/ice. I am thankful that work was cancelled for both of us today. Three day weekend!!! I was able to catch up on some of the things I have been putting off, like our holiday newsletter and a blog post...

Stay warm! 


No comments:

Post a Comment