As we were nearing closer to graduating with our master's degrees and knowing that we will be beginning another chapter in our lives, we had to come up with a plan on what to do next. The plan involved getting into a career or get a better paying job. My husband put in a resume at a consulting firm. Within a couple of weeks, he was able to do a phone interview and eventually flying and meeting with a superior face to face. Needless to say, he got the job and we had 6 weeks to move. Everything seemed to happen suddenly. The company has 7 locations all over the country. Of course one of the options was in Texas (go figure). We had the choice of moving to one of those locations. We talked about what seemed more logical for us and we thought once again Texas would be the most logical to start a new chapter in our lives.
So Texas it was and we had only a few weeks to move. Everything seemed to fall into place. My husband was able to finish up his degree at the end of winter term. I was at a point in my degree where I could work anywhere. We were able to get help with relocation and we even got a good deal on our moving truck. It all just seemed to work out. Even during our journey to Texas where we broke down in the middle of no where in Nevada, we were able to get assistance in a timely manner from the moving company and we were back on the road the next morning.
When we arrived in Texas, we were blessed enough to have my husbands co-worker offer his guest space in their home until we were able to find a place to live. The people we stayed with are very nice and hospitable. The day after we arrived in Texas, we found a place to live! Again, things were falling into place. It felt good to have things work for a change.
Living in Texas has been great. I actually love living here. I love the weather, I love our home and I love our new lifestyle. I love how people are so nice here-which is different than Portland where most people think they are God's gift to the world and are rude (to say it in a nice way). I think we made a wise choice moving to Texas. I am glad that God provided us with the new opportunities that are making us happy. I can't wait to see what happens next..... :D
P.S. Ask me in the fall if I still like the weather. :)

Love it!
ReplyDelete